One of the most common questions we receive from companies looking to build a retail space is, how long will it take to design and build?
There is a lot to think about when planning a project of this nature. The truth is that project timelines will depend on the specific of what you want to accomplish. Fairly standard builds typically take less time than spaces that have unique features and custom design elements.
Below we outline factors that will affect your build time and give you an estimate of how long it’ll take to build a 2,000-square-foot retail store.
Key Factors To Affecting Your Retail Store Build Timeline
Here are some top factors that will play a role in establishing your build timeline:
- Design: Is your design complex? Do you want to model it off an existing space? Or are you looking for something unique?
- Scope of the project: What type of retail space? Is it general retail or some more specific? What specific elements must be included in the design?
- Materials used: Are the building materials readily available? Will they need to be special ordered? Is there a delay with the products?
- The unexpected: You always have to account for the unexpected. Things may take longer than anticipated, materials may not ship on time, and other things can pop up during the design and build that add time to the project.
How Long Does A Retail Store Build Take?
Here is an estimate of how long the main phases of the design process will take to complete:
- The design process: The design process takes longer than most people realize. To complete the pre-design and design process, it can take from two to five months to complete.
- Development: With designs in place, you can work on getting the right permits in place. This can take about two weeks to secure. During this time, you can also secure building materials, and finalize other things like the furniture, fixtures, and other components.
- Construction: This is the phase that can take the longest, depending on your design. Again, the timeline can vary widely. For a very basic design, it can take as short as 8 weeks. For a complete design, it could take months. Expect an average of about 3 months to complete. You’ll also want to factor in time for delays.
Get A Free Retail Construction Consultation
If you are planning a retail renovation project, we want to hear from you. We offer all potential clients a free design consultation. At Fuhrmann, we supply all-in-one retail building solutions. Learn more about our Retail Building Renovations services by requesting a free consultation with our design experts.
Read More From Our Blog
5 Things To Consider When Building Out Your Next Commercial Space
Why Should You Choose Fuhrmann Construction For Your Next Project?
5 Reasons Why You Should Hire Professionals For A Full Retail Store Renovation
4 REASONS TO HIRE 1 COMPANY FOR THE DESIGN & BUILD OF YOUR COMMERCIAL SPACE
9 thoughts on “How Long Does it take to Design and Build a 2,000 Sq. Ft. Retail Store?”
Pingback: Top 5 Interior Design Decisions to Consider When Opening a Retail Store | Fuhrmann Construction
Pingback: Top 5 Interior Design Decisions to Consider When Opening a Retail Store - F&L Painting
Pingback: Looking for a Retail Space in Vancouver? Here are 5 Things to Consider Before Signing Your Lease | Fuhrmann Construction
Pingback: internetinės parduotuvės
Pingback: saxenda weight loss
Pingback: Locksmith Rock Falls
Pingback: Old Fitzgerald Bourbon
Comments are closed.